Wednesday

Flamingo Fever

This lippie from the MAC Iris Apfel Collection has been in my makeup kit for about a week now. And I've been using it ever since.

MAC Iris Apfel Flamingo

The collection, which according to MAC's website, is inspired by a rare bird who has always been ahead of her time, MAC presents a color collection featuring Lipsticks, Beauty Powder and Eye Shadows with as much flair and joie de vivre as the woman who helped create it...Iris Apfel. It has five lipstick shades, four being LE's --- Flamingo, Party Parrot, Pink Pigeon, and Scarlet Ibis. The last one is Morange which is a permanent. When I saw Flamingo swatches online, my heart fluttered with excitement and anticipation. I just knew I have to have it.

I was waiting for it (impatiently) to arrive here locally, and it did on the first day of February. And guess what, I was out of town until the 6th. As expected, the collection was sold out on the day it was released. I was very sad and helpless that time.

But good things happen especially when you pray. While I was browsing in a local forum, the first thing I saw was a Flamingo on sale. Yey! Two days after, the Flamingo was on my hands. I snagged it at 950 pesos. This lippie costs 1000 pesos on MAC counters.

MAC Iris Apfel Flamingo
MAC Iris Apfel Flamingo

Flamingo is a light milky bright coral shade but it's more of a healthy pink on my lips. It looks corally from the tube (I'm usually scared of coral lippies) but when applied, it's really nice and gorgeous. It has a lustre finish. It's not very intense but not too light at all. The sheen looks very natural and it's very wearable indeed.

Flamingo without Flash
Flamingo with Flash

One downside though, since the finish is lustre, this lippie will emphasize any lip imperfection, cracks, lines, and all that. Advice: put lip balm first or better, scrub your lips. I haven't done lip scrubbing though so I'm okay with the lip balm. It's not drying, but you need to re-apply more than the usual since the color wears off after a few hours.

Just Don't Mind The Cracks, Okay? =)

I love Flamingo so much that I think I need to stop using it for a while --- at least to make it last longer. It's not very easy to look for backups of LE shades and I know I'm lucky to have even just one. I just need to prolong my fortune. =)

I wish I could say you get the limited edition Flamingo for yourself, but I know it will be a very tedious task. Then again, if you find one or two, lemme know too so I can stock a backup.

Thoughts?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...