Wednesday

REVIEW: LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub

I scrub my face, my feet, my body, and my floor. But I never thought I would ever, ever need to scrub my lips. Have you? Well, I did and I'm glad I did and I will continually do so. =)

It's no secret here that I have problematic lips. I always mention that whenever I can, hahaha. =) So a friend once suggested that I do lip scrubbing. At first I thought, what the hell is that? So I went on searching for weeks and weeks for a good lip scrub out there, until I found this one.

LUSH Lip Scrub in Mint Julips

LUSH's lip scrubs were out of stock for quite some time so when their TriNoma branch informed me of their arrival, I immediately reserved one in Mint Julips. Mint Julips is a peppermint and chocolate flavored scrub. I love mint chocolate and that's what Mint Julips actually tastes like so I chose it over the bubblegum flavor. I've been using it for more than a month now and here's what I have to say about it.

LUSH Lip Scrub in Mint Julips

LUSH says: 
The skin on your lips is one of the most sensitive areas on your body. Go ahead and kiss someone to find out just how responsive the thin layers of skin really are. Keep your kisser soft and protected from the elements (and primed for doing what it does best) with our selection of delectable lip balms and lip scrubs.
Ingredients: Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), *Limonene, Flavour *Occurs naturally in essential oils 

It works for my mostly dry, chapped and cracked lips. It removes those ugly flakes too. It makes my lips softer, smoother and more moisturized right after one scrub alone. I also noticed that lipstick stays on better if I use this. And best of all, it's so yummy it can serve as a guilt-free mint chocolate treat! No need to wipe it off completely or rinse it off your lips, the taste is so delicious that I really lick my lips clean after rubbing, hahaha. =)

It's my first lip scrub so I don't have any high expectations for this product. When I finish the jar, I might try to look for other brands but at the moment, I'm completely satisfied with it.

LUSH Lip Scrub in Mint Julips

By the way, it's a sugar scrub. I thought all scrubs are made of salt but I read somewhere that since the lips are more sensitive and they need extra care compared to all other body parts that we scrub, sugar scrubs work best. So for its price of 495pesos for a 25-gram jar, I find it moderately expensive, considering that it's only sugar plus oils or other stuff. I also came across some sites talking about homemade lip scrubs so I might consider that as an alternative too.

But for convenience, LUSH lip scrubs are really a must-try. After all, I scrub about two or three times a week only so the little jar could go a long way. One downside though is that getting some of the product from the pot could be a bit messy, I sometimes end up getting more product than I intend to. But other than that, it's really great and it works on my once again, problematic lips.

Have you tried any LUSH products? Do you scrub your lips too? What do you think of their lip scrubs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...