Wednesday

REVIEW: Benefit Benetint and Posietint

Benefit Cosmetics Philippines will open their doors a little less than 48 hours from now. This is one of the moments I've been waiting for. But then, I won't be there. Oh, commitments. :(

I know men and women of all ages will be lining up at their Greenbelt 5 boutique to grab whatever they can. I would love to be part of the opening day, but I'd just probably drop by next week, when the crowds have subsided - and I can shop in peace, hehehe. Anyway, I've done a lot of Benefit hauls for the last couple of months so that's enough to hold me for another week, I guess. Plus, I'm still completing my list of Benefit must-haves. For now, I'd like to check out Boi-ing, Brow Zings, Hello Flawless Powder Foundation and the most anticipated Hervana blush box . I'm also crossing my fingers that Coralista and Bella Bamba won't be out of stock after the opening day. I need back-ups!

Oh well, I should be reviewing, not lemming because this post is supposed to be a review. hehehe. :)

I've been meaning to make a review on these babies more than a month ago since I got my hands on the Benefit Big 10 set, which will not be available locally and I heard is sold out even in the US (I'm sooo lucky to have one, right? :D) but unfortunately I didn't find the time. If you ask me why, the answer is I don't know, hahaha. :) Anyway, here they are.

Benefit Posietint and Benetint minis

I'll be using the tints' mini version for this review, if you don't mind. The mini tints are 2.5ml each while the full size tints are 12.5ml.

I am not a big fan of cheek and lip tints but I know a lot of people are obsessed with Benefit's tints. I remember seeing Benetint for the first time years ago and I initially wondered what it does. It comes in a bottle (similar to a nail lacquer bottle) with applicator (still similar to a nail lacquer applicator). Back then, blushes and stains only come in pans, sticks, powder, and roll-ons. (Roll-ons: they still exist, mind you, hahaha. :D) You apply it on your cheeks and lips, you pat it, you blend it with your fingers, then you're off to go. I personally think it's one of the most convenient and versatile makeup product ever invented and I also think Benetint is the first and the original of its kind.

Benefit Benetint

Benefit Posietint

Now let's talk about Benetint first. This tint is runny - very much like liquid. But this one is very powerful when it comes to color. It's a rose-tinted stain but when applied on the cheeks, it gives that natural berry flush which is great during those days when you just wanna look not too made-up. It also gives a very nice color to the lips. It's so natural on my lips that I once fooled Em by telling him that I'm not wearing any lipstick or gloss at all. He believed me. hehehe. :) It has this "just-bitten" look that I love. It doesn't transfer too. One con, it streaks (because it's a stain). You just have to act quickly and blend at once. Once your skin absorbs it and dries, it will leave that mark that's quite difficult to remove. One more thing, don't overdo it. I normally use 2-3 pats/dots on my cheeks and that would stay all day.

Here's Benetint on my lips.

Benefit Benetint

Next is Posietint. It's a petal-pink stain. Unlike Benetint, it's creamy and looks milky. It gives a soft-pink flush that looks natural as well. At first it would seem that it's not showing up but it's very buildable so all you have to do is blend, blend, and blend until you get your desired pinkish glow. It brightens up the cheeks wonderfully, although I think this will work well with lighter complexions. And like Benetint, it's transfer-proof and smudge-proof. Lasts all day too, even if it's just sheer.

Here's Posietint on my lips.

Benefit Posietint

Some swatches for you to compare.

L-R: Posietint, Benetint

L-R: Posietint, Benetint

So, which do you pick? Benetint or Posietint? I love them both. I read Benefit Philippines is selling the full-sized bottle at 1800 pesos each. So grab these two babies and tell me what you think about it.

By the way, I'll be reviewing another Benefit tint soon. The Cha-Cha tint. :)

Benefit Cha-Cha Tint

Ta-ta!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bought the big 10 and the chacha tint but still on transit! hehe can't wait to get them! thanks for the review~! :D

I am new follower ~ please do check my blog too
http://crayonsandpensils.blogspot.com/

Love, Chay ♥ said...

hi calin, thanks for reading. for sure, you'll love the big 10 and you'll end up buying the full sizes (like what happened to me, hahaha. =)) the cha-cha tint though, i haven't used that one yet. let me know how the big 10 goes for you. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...