Saturday

My Current Go To Lippies: NYX Doll and NYX Bonfire

I have been interchanging two lippies lately. NYX Round Lipstick in Doll and NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Bonfire.

Here are the swatches.

NYX Doll
NYX Bonfire

I used to own a lot of NYX Round Lipsticks because they're quite pigmented and ridiculously cheap. But now they're down to only two --- Fig and Doll. I like round lipsticks because of the good color pay-off and they're very moisturizing and smooth on the lips. The only downside is the staying power which stays on for roughly two hours or less, so retouching is necessary. Packaging is forgivable, but not the sturdiest though.

Doll is a lovely dolly rosy pink on me. My lips are pale on most days and this shade is really flattering. It's very wearable during daytime, but you can build it up to use for evening makeup, making the red undertones appear and become obvious. And as with most round lipsticks, the color can be toned down by using lip balm.

NYX Doll swatch

Moving on, NYX Xtreme Lip Creams are my most recent lipstick discovery. Well, it's not actually lipstick, but a hybrid of lipstick, lipgloss, and lip stain with intense pigmentation all in one, as NYX Cosmetics says. For me it's a lip product on steroids!

It goes on very smoothly and applies precisely with its doe-foot applicator, similar in packaging with NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. It's very pigmented, rich and opacity is similar to creamy lipsticks. It doesn't feel sticky or heavy on the lips and a little amount goes a long way. I am not a lip gloss person, but I actually like the shine and gloss it gives. It doesn't feel too "wet" like most glosses do. Unlike SMLCs, these Xtreme Lip Creams are definitely non-drying. Staying power is average --- about three hours or so on me. The glossy effect fades away but the color is left behind.

I picked up Bonfire because the shade reminded me of San Paulo. It's a bright and bold medium pink shade. It goes well with neutral eyeshadows and is wearable during daytime and evening too. I'm even considering to use this shade on one of my models in makeup school because it registers really good on photos. Me thinks it will suit any skin tone. =)

NYX Bonfire
NYX Bonfire doe-foot applicator
NYX Bonfire swatch

I got my NYX Doll from a Christmas bazaar last year for 120pesos and NYX Bonfire from Pop Culture in TriNoma for 300pesos. I'm looking forward to more NYX Xtreme Lip Creams. It comes in 11 lovely shades.

Have you tried these lippies as well?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

could you post lippies that are lip friendly? uh.. least lead content to avoid darkening of lips? :D

Love, Chay ♥ said...

hi Yzzie. I'd love to do that one of these days. i'll research on that. thanks for dropping by. :)

Unknown said...

Nice shade sis! looks good on you!

Love, Chay ♥ said...

hi carmi. thanks. you should try these lippies too, i know they will look good on you as well. =)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...